All Facebook business pages have an owner, whether it be an individual or a business. We often come across this issue when new clients come on board and find that many businesses out there do not have complete ownership over their Facebook page.
How do I find out who owns my page?
If you have admin access to a business page, finding out the owner is simple:
- Visit the Facebook business page
- Under ‘Manage Page,’ head to ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Page Settings,’ head to ‘Page Roles’
- Scroll down to ‘Page Owner’ to see who owns your page
Page owner vs page admin
If you are already a page owner, you are also a page admin. However, someone who doesn’t own the page can then be added as an admin. By adding someone as admin, you can give them full access to every feature of the page and they will be able post on your page and manage page roles and settings.
What if someone else owns my page?
If someone else owns your page (eg an ex-employee, past owner etc) you will need to request page access by contacting Facebook support for business.
Facebook will likely request the following from you:
- Your relationship to the Facebook page
- The name of the person or business that currently owns the page
- The reason that the page ownership change
- The Facebook business manager you would like to add as the new owner including the business manager ID
- Identification (driver’s license) of the person requesting the changeover
For more tips and tricks on using Facebook for Business, visit our blog page!