Did you know that you can now schedule Reels directly within the Instagram app?
Let’s take a deep dive into how to create and schedule Reels on Instagram, the bug issues to watch out for, and the “suspected” benefits of creating Reels within the app.
Creating a Reel on Instagram
To create & schedule a Reel on Instagram, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the "+" button at the top right.
- Tap the "Reels" option, and you will be taken to the Reels creation screen.
- You can record video clips by tapping and holding the record button OR import video clips by swiping up.
- Now on to the fun part, editing! You can edit the reel however you like by adding music, text, filters, and other effects. *Side note: Instagram has recently upgraded their editing tool to make it easier for users to edit in-app and we are loving it!
- When you are happy with your Reel, click “next” in the bottom right corner and write your caption, edit tagged accounts, add your location etc.
- To schedule the reel, simply click on “Advanced settings” > Turn on “Schedule this reel” > Choose a date and time > Tap “Schedule” & you’re done!
- To view all scheduled reels, tap the 3-line icon on the top right of your feed & click on “Scheduled content”.
Bug issues to watch out for
As with any new feature, Reels has had its fair share of bugs and glitches, including issues with sound and glitching after being published, as well as a glitch that sometimes causes Reels to be posted instantly instead of at the scheduled time. While Instagram is constantly working to address these bugs, it's important to keep an eye out for any issues that may arise when creating or scheduling a Reel.
Benefits of creating and editing your Reels in app
Many Instagram experts have speculated that Instagram’s algorithm is currently favouring and pushing out Reels that were edited within the app itself, as opposed to those edited externally using third-party apps like Capcut and Inshot. We're currently testing this theory on some of our clients' accounts to see if it holds true.
Struggling to keep up with the latest social media trends or need help creating reel-y good Reel content? Drop us an email now!