Top 10 e-commerce hashtags for Instagram
Are you looking to drive more traffic to your Instagram profile but struggling to figure out how? Hashtags, hashtags, hashtags!
Hashtags have been a huge part of successful businesses social media strategies for years, and there’s a reason why, they work! Hashtags can assist in extending your post’s reach, engaging your audience, boosting your visibility in search and improving your brand’s performance using Instagram’s complex algorithm.
Why are hashtags so important for e-commerce?
- Hashtags help categorise your product’s industry. By using hashtags, you are able to better place your business in the right space on the platform.
- Hashtags can help increase impressions, as your brand and post has now been categorised, Instagram’s algorithm will now push your content to the right individuals, some who may have never even heard of your brand.
- Hashtags help access a nice audience who might be interested in your products. Instagram knows its audience better than they know themselves and will target users with relevant content to match.
- Use of hashtags can boost your sales, particularly when shop tags are included within your posts.
What hashtags should you use?
Hashtags are really dependent on the industry you’re in, but here’s a few tips and tricks from us:
- Use trending hashtags
- Use niche hashtags that are unique to your industry
- Use branded hashtags that are specific to your brand eg, #BrandNameHere
- Use some less-popular hashtags
- Make sure all hashtags are truly relevant to your business