There are few businesses that aren’t harnessing (whether well or poorly) the power that is social media marketing, but with the many, many options, how do you choose the right ones for your business?
Here are a few things to think about when deciding on the social media channels to focus your efforts on.
• Increase brand awareness: Facebook and Instagram are well-established mediums with a large following. Paid advertising is the most effective method to expand your reach on these channels, even with a small budget.
• More consumer engagement: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter not only have a larger user base, these users sign on every day, if not multiple times throughout the day, and are constantly engaging (follow, like, comment, share, etc.) with brands.
Understanding where your target audience is online ensures you’re not wasting your time and efforts. There’s no point maintaining a Snapchat account if your customer is primarily men in their 50s.
If you’re exploring what social media channels to get involved in, a helpful step is to see where your competitors have invested their efforts, and what sort of content consumers are responding well to for inspiration.
The type of content is very dependent on each business and what you’re wanting to share, along with what your target audience would be interested in seeing.
• Imagery: Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
• Long video: Youtube, Facebook and Twitter
• Industry updates or company news: LinkedIn and Twitter
• Editorial: LinkedIn and Medium
To put it bluntly, no. It is best to find two or three channels to focus your time and effort (and money), and do these really well, than spread your resources thinly across many mediums.
You think you’ve found the right channels for your business, but you still don’t know where to start?
If you’re not sure what content to post, how to manage the accounts or have the time to commit, stress no more! Contact us and we’ll help you improve your online presence.
✨PHOTOSHOOT COLLAB✨ At @Born_Social, we're currently offering product photography at a discounted rate by shooting multiple brands in one day. This shares the cost of things like location or studio hire, equipment hire, travel, props and models (where applicable) across the multiple brands, rather than all covered by you.
If one or more of the below applies to you, then get in touch 👇
✣ You need content created for your social media, website or digital advertising
✣ You need e-commerce product shots
✣ You have 1 or more products you can send via contactless delivery to us in Melbourne, Australia
After the shoot, we can send the products right back to you, or hold onto them for you, to shoot again later
Want to know more? Contact us, we'd love to help 💕
📞 0432 850 315